Friday, May 21, 2010

Zombie Birthday


My son is crazy. He reads, writes, watches and talks everything zombie related. I've watched several zombie movies with him, including Night of the Living Dead (my favorite thus far), 28 Days Later, and one strange one from the 80's that was so bad neither of us can remember the name. He just turned 15, so needless to say, I made him a zombie cake.

There was a face coming up from the dirt with a tombstone above, and a hand breaking through the ground. The hand was made of fondant and the dirt was crushed up chocolate sandwich cookies (we all know them as a certain name, but I don't want to get into any trouble or advertise for free on their behalf!) Anyway, there were several boys over at the house and they all loved it. It ended up being way too big, and I realized that teenage girls eat a lot more than their counterparts! After three days, I threw the remaining cake away!

No comments:

Post a Comment