Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guitars and Weddings...





This was a life size guitar made for a graduation. This family is very musical and quite eclectic, so it was fun to do this for them! I made the Whimsical Wedding Cake at the bottom of the blog for his brother's wedding last year, so now it was his turn for a great cake! I used gumpaste for the details, covered the chocolate cake in marshmallow fondant and brushed all over with luster dust. I now want to do another one!



This was a last minute cake that was done for a small wedding. I didn't have any idea of color or style, just that the bride wanted a white cake with spring flowers. I had seen a cake similar to this with a tiffany blue base and white pointed flowers. I wanted to do that style, so I just switched up the colors! When the bride's sister came to pick it up, I was told the colors matched perfectly to her bouquet, so I guess it was meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment