Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mario Bros Cake, Cupcake and Cookies


Very fun cake to do.  This was my second attempt at a Mario Mushroom Cake.  Had  a request for several characters to be on the cake, so Mario and two others made.  I cannot for the life of me remember their names right now!  

Anyway, the top of the mushroom was rice crispy treats.  On the first cake I did like this, the mushroom top was a little more rounded, this one ended up a little flat.  It was still loved by all the kids, so no worries!

The cupcakes turned out adorable.  Princess Peach, Mario, coins, brick walls, grass and stars were all put on them with fondant.


The cookies were the most fun to do!  I used fondant on sugar cookies.  To me, they had a very simple, geometric design.  To try and get the detail in them was time consuming, but I really enjoyed it. 


This is the first version.  At the last minute, I added a little Mario face peeking out from behind the bushes.  This cake was a 10" and 6".  The second cake, above, was an 8" and 6".

No comments:

Post a Comment